In the midst of New York State’s transition to the Care Coordination Organization system, LIFEPlan remains centered on one goal – connecting people to the complete spectrum of services they need to live full, meaningful lives.
Member and Family Advisory Council (MFAC)
The LIFEPlan CCO Member and Family Advisory Council (MFAC) addresses the ongoing interests and needs of individuals receiving disability services. Six regional Advisory Councils, comprised of 8-10 LIFEPlan CCO NY members, parent and caregivers, meet quarterly to review outcomes and advise leadership regarding care coordination policies and operations, and engage in relevant education, training and advocacy initiatives.
About the MFAC
- Six regions across NYS
- 8-10 volunteer members per council
- Councils meet quarterly
- Diverse representation of self-advocates, parents and caregivers
- Council members must be enrolled with LIFEPlan or family of LIFEPlan individual
- Council members serve a 1 year term
Each council is a diverse mix of self-advocates, parents and family members from various socioeconomic, ethnic, cultural and disability groups. Council members will be provided with information on OPWDD services and processes, and on pertinent topics within their region and across NYS. As advocates of LIFEPlan CCO services, council members actively engage organizations within their communities about care coordination topics, and offer relevant education and training for LIFEPlan members and their families.
For a printable version of information regarding the MFAC, click here.
Become a part of the MFAC!
Introductory MFAC Meetings
- Central New York Monday, December 10 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Location: Dewitt Community Room, 148 Sanders Creek Pkwy, East Syracuse
- North Country Tuesday, December 11 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Location: St. Lawrence NYSARC Community Room, 1942 Old Dekalb Road, Canton
- Mid-Hudson Wednesday, December 12 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: 59 Windsor Highway, Suite 230, New Windsor
- Southern Tier Monday December 17 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Location: 1249 Upper Front Street, Binghamton
- Mohawk Valley Tuesday, December 18 6:00- 8:00 pm
Location: LIFEPlan CCO, 258 Genesee Street, Utica
- Capital January DATE TBD, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Center for Disability Services, 22 Corporate Woods, Albany
For more information on the Member and Family Advisory Council, contact Janelle Fields at MFAC@lifeplanccony.com.
We help our members find the support they need to live the lives they choose, and allow their parents to focus on the joys of family and parenting without worrying about care. As we adapt to the coming changes, we promise to provide choice, stability and a personal touch to help you achieve your plan for life.
Features of Care Coordination
- Help with arranging doctors’ appointments
- Assistance finding a respite provider
- Assistance with self-directing your services
- You will receive an enhanced level of service to help you and your loved one coordinate all services.
If you do not want to receive the more comprehensive care management provided by Health Home Care Management, you can talk with your Care Manager about receiving Basic HCBS Plan Support.
If you or your family member has a developmental disability and need help accessing services, please reach out to our Care Connection Program at (315) 565-2612. Our Care Connection Specialist can help you through the Front Door Process.