Director of Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN)- NO ON CALL!- Syracuse, NY
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE!
Welcome to LIFEPlan CCO NY. LIFEPlan is a person-centered healthcare organization committed to improving the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in New York State. We were founded by over 70 non-profit organizations that share a 75-year history of advocating for people with developmental disabilities and their families. Dedicated individuals who thrive in fast-paced, collaborative work cultures and who covet the chance to build a first-rate organization from the ground up should apply immediately. LIFEPlan offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
As a member of the LIFEPlan Management Team, the Director of Nursing will work with Program Management, Regional Vice Presidents, and Training Department to develop relevant health/medical policies, procedures and protocols that provide clear guidance to supervisors and care managers – to help ensure the physical health of LIFEPlan members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Director of Nursing will develop and manage a regional clinical consultation model – oversees a team of clinical support staff who provide direct consultative support to care managers as needed to manage challenging cases, i.e. members with significant, complicated and/or multiple physical health issues (acute or chronic).
· Works with Program and Care Management Teams to identify training needs/gaps and works with the Training Department to find and/or create relevant training materials to address. Includes:
· The development and delivery of a series of trainings on common chronic conditions, particularly those frequently found in the IDD population, e.g. seizure disorders.
· Targeted trainings as needed, e.g. poly-pharmacy, alternative medicine approaches, etc.
· Assists the Care Management Team in identifying, accessing and effectively utilizing available healthcare resources in the community, particularly when addressing more complex medical issues.
· Works collaboratively with community healthcare providers/resources to promote increased access to routine and specialty healthcare for members with IDD; assists in increasing awareness and educating community providers regarding special needs and considerations when working with patients with IDD, including management of patients with comorbid physical/mental health conditions.
· Registered Nurse (RN), (Associate Degree or higher) and have a minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience.
· Director of Nursing, Associate Director of Nursing with experience in an I/DD clinical setting are preferred.
· Prior supervisory, and/or project management training experience is preferred.
· Managed care experience (preferably MMC) preferred.
· Knowledge of NYS systems serving individuals with I/DD is preferred.
· Strong computer Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Electronic Health Care system experience; Medisked is preferred).
· Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and capable of being flexible and able to shift priorities as needed. Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of stakeholders.
· Flexible work schedule/Mobile Workforce
· 3 different Medical plans to choose from, Dental, Vision Insurance
· 401K Retirement Plan
· FSA, HRA, Aﬂac, Group Life Insurance, STD, LTD
· Generous Paid Time Off program
Thank you for your interest in LIFEPlan CCO!
LIFEPlan CCO NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please download and save the application to your computer by clicking here. Fill in and save the completed version and upload application and resume below.
If you have trouble uploading, please email your completed documents to LIFEPlan CCO NY Human Resources at: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org